What Does Workers’ Comp Cover?
What does workers’ compensation cover?
Workers’ compensation covers:
- Medical costs associated with a work-related injury or illness
- Wages from lost work time
- Disability payments and death benefits
Are you also curious what is not covered under workers’ compensation?
Injuries or illnesses must be determined to be in the scope and course of the employee’s employment.
Examples of injuries:
- Most workers’ compensation plans do not cover include an employee sustains due to being intoxicated in the workplace
- Self-inflicted injuries or death and injuries from an employee getting into a fight